http://skins.wikidot.com is a new place for the community to collect themes (I'd have used themes.wikidot.com but someone has squatted this…)
So far I've uploaded four themes, all designed for blogging, and derived from the Bloo theme. If more people contribute to the site, I'll add voting and tagging and so on to make it easier to work with.
Using one of these themes is simple: copy the css code and save as a custom theme on your site. Eventually Wikidot may support skins.wikidot.com more elegantly.
If you want to contribute a theme:
- Prepare all images and CSS so that the URLs in the CSS are of the form "url(http://skins.wikidot.com/local--files/theme:mythemename"
- Create a new theme using the box on the main page, and save the description of the theme
- Save your CSS as an attachment called style.css
- Upload all your images to the new page
- Upload a preview image called preview.png (this is mandatory)
- Check that your theme shows on the main page